Platinum Sport GM is an ideal plug-in solution for many popular General Motors engines. Sport GM ECU plugs directly into the factory harness negating the need for any rewiring.
• Direct plug and play replacement of the OEM ECU, no rewiring necessary
• Uses the cars factory sensors
• Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 compatible software
• Real time programming, instant hesitation free adjustment while engine is running
• Fully user definable 32 x 32 mapping
• Tuning via Volumetric Efficiency (VE), Injection time or Lambda Correction (MAF)
• Selectable onboard internal MAP sensor rated to 150kPa (up to 1.5 Bar or 22psi boost)
• Wideband “auto tuning” using user definable target AFR table
• USB and CAN Communication Port
• Camaro V8, 5L & 5.7L 1986-1989 (Injection Type TBI & TPI)
• Firebird V8, 5L & 5.7L 1986-1989 (Injection Type TBI & TPI)
• Corvette V8, 5L & 5.7L 1986-1989 (Injection Type TBI & TPI)
• S10 Pickup 2.5L 1987-1993 (Injection Type TBI & TPI)
• Chevy Truck 4.3L, 5.7L, 5.0, 7.4L 1987-1992 (Injection Type TBI & TPI)
• Chevy Van 4.3L, 5.7L, 5.0, 7.4L 1987-1992 (Injection Type TBI & TPI)
• Holden Commodore VN-VP – V6 & V8 (Auto and Manual Transmission)
• Holden Commodore VR – V6 & V8 (Manual Transmission Only)
• Holden Commodore VS – V8 (Manual Transmission Only except Series III with AFM)
Holden Commodore Variations: Calais and Statesman
Note: This ECU will require an optional I/O Expansion Kit if you wish to run flex fuel.
The Haltech platinum sport GM has many applications on early GM fuel injected vehicles from 1985 through until the mid 1990’s. The sport GM carries the same connector as GM’s popular 1227165 ECU (there are a number of other GM ECU’s that also carry this connector including but not limited to, 1227303, 1227747, 1227752, 1227170, 1228746, 16198259, 16198445, 16087373, 16198259). There may be many further applications of the Sport GM ECU that are not listed below so this list is not to be considered as comprehensive it is merely a guide for reference:
Sport GM should plug directly into all of these vehicles and work correctly, it is worth noting that the Haltech Sport GM ECU does not require the cold start injector, canister purge solenoid, EGR valve, SES light, AC pressure switch nor the Mass Airflow Meter to operate. Elimination of these standard GM components makes for a cleaner installation however it may also conflict with local vehicle emissions legislation that require some or all of these parts to be installed.
The Haltech Sport GM ECU is not capable of controlling electronically programmed transmissions such as the 4L60E or the 4L80E, it is however capable of controlling the torque converter lockup on transmissions such as the 700R (later name the 4L60, do not confuse this with the previously mentioned 4L60E, the E at the end designates that the transmission has an electronically controlled shift points – the Haltech Sport GM is not designed to control these electronically controlled transmissions). Transmissions such as the THM400 (Turbo 400) and all manual transmissions require no electronics and are therefore also compatible with the Haltech Sport GM.
Platinum Sport GM
Part Number: HT-051100
Includes: Sport GM ECU, Auxiliary I/O Harness Plug and Pins, USB coms cable and a Haltech Resource CD.